Monday, April 19, 2010

Do you guys remember this person?

I remember reading a few months ago about a guy from Abingdon who apparently decided to take his act to Hollywood and try his hand at writing and directing. His name is Scott Cooper, and he wrote, directed and co-produced the movie Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges. He was a few years older than us but I actually remember this guy, as I sat next to him in study hall my 8th grade year. It is nice to see a local guy go out and make it big, and if I were him I am pretty sure that I would bring my Oscar to the AHS 20 year reunion and rub it in all of those pretentious pricks' faces.

Till next time,

IPod
Still rocking Silversun Pickups

1 comment:

  1. No kidding. I remember Scott Cooper too. He used to smoke pot with all the "cool" guys back in the day however, he was a nice guy and I remember him living close to me when my family lived behind the old hospital in A-town. He used to be a skater as I recall. He probably wouldn't remember me as he was about 4 years older and I only spoke to him occasionally. Very cool.
    On another subject, I remember another guy who went to AHS, Mike Sandoe, that went out to Cali, castrated himself and committed mass suicide. I remember him being a funny guy as I had a few classes with him. He was always acting funny. Apparently he lost his fucking mind. Too bad

    ReplyDelete