Sunday, April 18, 2010

NFL Draft WTF??

For any true football fans out there, we should have two days that we all mark on the calender. The first day is the first Tuesday in February, the college football national signing day. The second is the day of the NFL draft. Ever since I have been in my early 20's I have always looked forward to this day. I would always watch the pre draft shows in the mornings and create a little mini war room for myself down in my den. I have always loved the drama that ensues when one team doesn't pick as everyone predicted, or when a team trades up to get the player that they want and the domino effect that ensues. I will never forget the arrogant Brady Quinn sitting there in the green room while pick by pick and hour by hour went by and the teams that didn't need a quarterback passed on him one by one. He was projected as a top 10 pick and dropped extremely late in the first round. I don't even mind watching that blow hard Mel Keiper give his advice.

The NFL in their infinite wisdom have decided this year to move the draft to Thursday night. For the life of me I cannot understand what they are thinking here. They are absolutely ruining one of the few sports days that I have enjoyed watching for almost 20 years now. The NFL gets the WTF award from me for this move, and I am willing to bet that their ratings plummet from last year.

Till next time,

Ipod
Artist: Silversun Pickups
Album: Swoon

No comments:

Post a Comment